1. The day before: Wax at least 2 days before the tan; shave at least 12 hours beforehand.
2. Pre-tan prep: Fake tan clings to dry skin so, without fail, always exfoliate 12 hours beforehand to avoid a patchy tan (that goes for both face and body).
3. Hang ten: If you can, take a shower before your spray tan appointment and wait ten minutes after towelling off to be sure your skin is 100% dry. Skip the deodorant, lotion, perfume and makeup.
4. Don’t rush drying time: Give it 10 minutes to touch dry, then wear loose, dark clothing and avoid tight-fitting underwear while the colour develops. Avoid washing hands as this will remove the spray tan too.
5. Watch the clock: Rinse off after 2 hours if you want a light tan, or leave on for up to 4 hours if you want a deeper bronze.
6. Make it last: Make ‘moisture’ your tanning mantra and give skin a daily dose of the Ms.Lova Tan Extender to help your tan last beyond a week.